2013 Scholarship Program
For the 30th year Prescott Center for the Arts is providing an opportunity for young people in Yavapai County between the ages of 10 and 18 to vie for scholarship awards in the Visual, Musical and Dramatic arts. Through the generosity and support of local groups and individuals, the PCA Scholarship Program has grown from 7 entries and 2 winners in 1983, to an annual program which in its 29th season welcomed 234 young people competing for awards in 8 categories. Eighty two cash prizes were awarded totaling $14,350. We are especially grateful to the following groups for their continued support of arts for children: Margaret Morris Foundation, J.S. Acker Musical Showcase, The Frontier Rotary, Kiwanis, PCA Singers, PCA Charter Auxiliary, PCA Concert Committee, PCA Fundraising Committee, and numerous Performers & Patrons of PCA. We hope you will join us as a donor or a volunteer in the coming year to help support the many talented young people in our area. Call the PCA office for more information.
Students ages 10 to 18 as of Jan 1, 2013 who reside and attend school in Yavapai County are eligible to compete in categories including Art, Drama, Strings, Winds, Brass & Percussion, Musical Theatre, Piano, and Voice. There will be no Jazz competition this year. However a new competition in Musical Composition has been added. In addition, the Musical Theater competition has been expanded to include Div I and 2 students. Registration opens Jan 9, 2013 and must be completed by February 19th at 5:00 PM. (April 1st and 2nd at 6:00 PM for Art Contestants.) We encourage all interested students to participate!
Please read the General Rules Scholarship Competition General Rules and check the Competition Schedule at the right to ensure eligibility.
- MUSIC CATAGORIES and DRAMA ENTRANTS must register on-line using the General Entry On-Line Form below. (Contact the PCA Office if unable to do this.)
- Please be sure to identify ALL categories in which you plan to compete. Once the On Line General Entry Form has been submitted, read and follow the category rules for each category in which you are competing.
- Print out and fill in the Entry Forms for the Category or Categories you wish to enter.
- For those entering the music and drama categories, copies of your music (all measures numbered!) and drama pieces can be mailed in or dropped off at PCA along with the entry form and $10 entry fee prior to the deadline. See the specific rules for the new Musical Composition competition
FOR ALL ENRTANTS EXCEPT ART STUDENTS
- REMEMBER: Your registration is not complete until all the entry forms and all the required materials as well as the entry fee(s) are printed out, filled in and mailed or delivered to and received in the PCA Office/Gallery before the Registration deadline of February 19th by 5:00 PM.
- The ART deadline is April 1st/2nd at 6:00 PM based on prior arrangement with the Art Chair--Jim Ward.) Read the Art Rules, print and fill out the Art Registration Form and the Art Inventory Form and have your teacher contact the Art Chair to arrange delivery of your work to the Gallery.
To all Entrants – the Scholarship Committee members will be available at the PCA office on February 19th from 10AM to 5 PM to answer any questions and accept entries. If you have questions, please call the PCA office at 445-3286 for assistance.
Prescott Center for the Arts Scholarship Competition General Entry Form
(Please fill out on line and submit in order to enter this year's competition. Thank You)
Art--(email@example.com) Following delivery of Art Portfolios on April 1st/2nd, Judging will occur on Wednesday, April 3rd. Art works that are not to be exhibited must be picked up on Thursday, April 4th or by arrangement with the Art chair. The 2012 PCA Scholarship Art Exhibit will open on Monday, April 8th with the Art Awards Ceremony that evening in the Theater. It will run thru April 30th in the PCA Gallery.
Drama--(firstname.lastname@example.org) Saturday, March 23rd from 9 AM to 1 PM at the
Albert O. Davis Auditorium in PV (Franklin Phonetic School, Copper Hill Drive.)
(email@example.com) Saturday, April 6th from 9 AM to 5 PM in the Rehearsal Hall in the Yavapai College Performance Hall, Prescott.
Piano Registration Form
Strings--(firstname.lastname@example.org) Saturday, March 30th from 9am to Noon at First Congregational Church-216 E. Gurley, Prescott.
Strings Registration Form
Strings Performance Schedule
Voice--(email@example.com) Saturday, April 13th from 9 AM to 3 PM at Trinity Presbyterian Church-630 Park Ave, Prescott.
Voice Registration Form
Voice Competition Schedule
Winds, Brass and Percussion--(firstname.lastname@example.org) Saturday, March 23rd from 1 PM to 5:30 PM at First Congregational Church- 216 E. Gurley, Prescott.
WBP Registration Form
2013 Arrival and Performance Schedule
Musical Theater--(email@example.com) Saturday, April 6th from 9 AM to 3PM at Trinity Presbyterian Church-630 Park Ave, Prescott.
Musical Theater Rules
Musical Theater Registration Form
Music Composition--(firstname.lastname@example.org) Saturday, March 2nd from 8 AM to 2 PM at
Prescott Unitiarian Universalist Fellowship,
945 S Rancho Vista Dr, Prescott, AZ 86303 PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN VENUE
Music Composition Rules
There will be workshops or individual critics of performances associated with each competition.
All ART winners are required to attend the Art Awards Ceremony on April 21st starting at 2PM at the Prescott Center for the Arts Theater. All Music and Drama winners are required to attend their Awards Ceremony on April 28th at Trinity Presbyterian Church at Park and Copper Basin Rd. Those winners chosen to perform at that ceremony must arrive no later than 1:45PM for set up. Receptions will follow both Awards Ceremonies at the PCA Gallery. Winners that do not attend their Ceremony will forfeit their awards unless excused by the Scholarship Committee Chair (Glennis Miller-- email@example.com ).