2014 PCA Scholarship Program
For the 32nd year Prescott Center for the Arts is providing an opportunity for young people residing in Yavapai County between the ages of 10 and 18 to vie for scholarship awards in the Visual, Musical and Dramatic arts. Registration opens on Jan 6, 2014. Instructions for entry and the online registration form are below. Please follow the instructions and ensure that your entry is transmitted.
The PCA Scholarship Program is made possible through the generosity and support of local groups and individuals, the PCA Scholarship Program has grown from 7 entries and 2 winners in 1983, to an annual program. This past year we awarded cash prizes totaling $15,700. We are especially grateful to the following groups for their continued support of arts for children: Margaret Morris Foundation, J.S. Acker Musical Showcase, The Frontier Rotary, Kiwanis, PCA Singers, PCA Charter Auxiliary, PCA Concert Committee, PCA Fundraising Committee, and numerous Performers & Patrons of PCA. We hope you will join us as a donor or a volunteer in the coming year to help support the many talented young people in our area. Call the PCA office for more information.
Please read the General Rules Scholarship Competition General Rules and check the Competition Schedule at the right to ensure eligibility.
- MUSIC CATAGORIES and DRAMA ENTRANTS MUST register on-line using the General Entry On-Line Form below. (Contact the PCA Office if unable to do this.)
- Art Entrants will only enter using the Registration form at the right when their teachers bring their work to the Gallery during Art Registration.
- Please be sure to identify ALL categories
in which you plan to compete.
Once you click "Submit" at the bottom of the form, check to see that the form is no longer there. If so, it has been sent. If it is still there check to see that all sections are properly filled in and resubmit.
- Once the On Line General Entry Form has been submitted, read and follow the category rules for each category in which you are competing.
- Print out and fill in the Entry Forms for the Category or Categories you wish to enter.
- For those entering the music and drama categories, copies of your music (all measures numbered!) and drama pieces can be mailed in or dropped off at PCA along with the entry form and $10 entry fee prior to the deadline. See the specific rules for the new Musical Composition competition
- REMEMBER: Your registration is not complete until the entry form below and all the required materials as well as the entry fee(s) are printed out, filled in and mailed or delivered to and received in the PCA Office/Gallery before the Registration deadline of February 25th by 5:00 PM.
- Music/Drama Feb 25th
- Art March 31st/April 1st
To all Entrants – the Scholarship Committee members will be available at the PCA office on February 25th from 10AM to 5 PM to answer any questions and accept entries. If you have questions, please call the PCA office at 445-3286 for assistance.
Prescott Center for the Arts Scholarship Competition General Entry Form
(Please fill out on line and submit in order to enter this year's competition. Thank You)
Art--Marleen Luckman (firstname.lastname@example.org) Following delivery of Art Portfolios on March 31st/April 1st, and judging will occur on Wednesday, April 2nd. Art works that are not to be exhibited must be picked up on Thursday, April 3rd or by arrangement with the Art chair. The 2014 PCA Scholarship Art Exhibit will open on Monday, April 7th with the Art Awards Ceremony April 27th at 2PM in the PCA Theater. The show will run thru April 27th in the PCA Gallery with pickup April 28th and 29th.
Drama--Karla Burkitt (email@example.com) Saturday, April 5th from 1 PM to 4 PM at the Albert O. Davis Auditorium in PV (Franklin Phonetic School, Copper Hill Drive.)
Drama Performance Schedule
Music Composition--Henry Flurry (firstname.lastname@example.org) Saturday, March 29th from 8 AM to 2 PM at Prescott Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 945 S Rancho Vista Dr, Prescott, AZ 86303
Music Composition Rules
Musical Theater--Amy Van Winkle (email@example.com) Saturday, March 1st from 9 AM to 3PM at Trinity Presbyterian Church-630 Park Ave, Prescott.
Musical Theater Rules
Musical Theater Registration Form
Piano-- Glennis Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) Saturday, March 22nd from 9 AM to 5 PM in the Rehearsal Hall in the Yavapai College Performance Hall, Prescott.
Piano Registration Form
Strings-- Phil Kuhns (email@example.com) Saturday, April 5th from 9am to Noon at First Congregational Church-216 E. Gurley, Prescott.
Strings Registration Form
Voice-- Dee Wilkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) Saturday, March 29th from 9 AM to 3 PM at Trinity Presbyterian Church-630 Park Ave, Prescott.
Voice Registration Form
Winds, Brass and Percussion--Gay Renault (email@example.com) Saturday, March 29th from 1 PM to 5:30 PM at First Congregational Church- 216 E. Gurley, Prescott.
WBP Registration Form
There will be workshops or individual critics of performances associated with each competition.
All ART winners are required to attend the Art Awards Ceremony on April 27th starting at 2PM at the Prescott Center for the Arts Theater. All Music and Drama winners are required to attend their Awards Ceremony on May 4th at Trinity Presbyterian Church at Park and Copper Basin Rd. Those winners chosen to perform at that ceremony must arrive no later than 1:45PM for set up. Receptions will follow both Awards Ceremonies at the PCA Gallery. Winners that do not attend their Ceremony will forfeit their awards unless excused by the Scholarship Committee Chair
(Glennis Millerfirstname.lastname@example.org ).